LoneStar Tracking’s compact, rugged battery GPS tracking device has been designed for tracking containers, trailers, skip bins, and other assets where super-long battery life is required without sacrificing the frequency of updates and performance.
The Oyster LTE Benefits:
Quickly reclaim your assets in the event of loss or theft
• Regain peace of mind knowing your property is protected
• Receive real-time alerts anywhere you have a computer or smartphone
• Discreet, low-profile construction makes the device easy-to-hide
• Superior accuracy brings you within feet of the asset
• With coverage across the United States, thieves have no place to hide
• Free, automatic software updates without disconnecting the device
The Oyster LTE Alerts and Notifications:
The LoneStar Tracking System will provide you with a variety of alerts so that you are always aware of the status of your assets. Alerts are available on our website or can be sent directly to your phone via email or text. Alerts included:
- Entering or Exiting a Geofence
- Low Battery Notification
- Asset Moving
The Oyster2 is fitted with a Coulomb Counter which tracks the devices energy consumption. It is hard to predict the battery life of LTC batteries due to their flat discharge curve, the Battery Meter enables an accurate battery level to be determined for great features such as:
Accurate Low Battery Alerts – Alerts can be set at any level which provides enough time for new batteries to be fitted.
Battery Life Predictions – The Oyster2 can simply be deployed in the application with the desired settings for a short time (a week or so). The energy usage over this time can be determined, and from there battery life can predicted accurately – no more guesswork!
The Oyster2 uses bank-level AES-256 device authentication and data encryption to ensure that your data is kept private and secure.
The Oyster2 can be powered by Lithium Thionyl Chloride (LTC) batteries. These batteries help achieve the optimum performance due to the following reasons:
- Higher quality out of the box, meaning less chance of early failures compared to other battery types
- Extended temperature tolerance, operating temperatures of -40°C to +85°C are typical
- High Capacity – meaning many years of operation
- Extremely low self discharge – typically around 1%
The Oyster2 is fitted with a 3-axis accelerometer which allows the device to ‘sleep’ in an ultra-low power state yet still wakeup when movement occurs. The GPS and accelerometer are used in tandem to intelligently determine when the device is moving, and increase the frequency of location updates. When movement ends, the update rate is scaled back to once per day. This ensures that up to date location information is always provided, without wasting any data or battery life.
The Oyster LTE is designed to report it’s position every 5 minutes while moving, and once every 12 hours when stationary.
(1) Oyster LTE Waterproof GPS Tracking Device
(1) Free Android or iPhone App
(1) 1 Year of Unlimited Service ($99/$149 per year thereafter) or 1 Month of Unlimited Service ($9.99/$14.99 per month thereafter)
**Requires 3 AA Batteries